Get rid of Rats! Pest professionals would say this whenever rats invade your home. Taking good care of your home is such a heavy responsibility. It involves a lot of cleaning, maintaining, and repairing. Thus, having rats in your house is the last thing you’d ever want!
There are many reasons why you need to get rid of rats in house. However, all of them boils down to one reason. Rats are dangerous. They put your family and your home at risk. That’s why getting rid of rats is crucial to every homeowner with rat problems.
Serious House Damages
Once rats invade your house, they would build nests in areas that are beyond your notice. Usually, rats build nests in attics, basements, beneath the kitchen sink, or behind your walls. When nesting inside your house, rats will cause substantial damage to your home. Rats can chew through drywall and structural timber.
These pests can even chew through gas pipes, plumbing, and electrical wires. Therefore, they cause water damage, flooding, electrical short circuit, gas leaks, and even fire. This puts your home and your family in serious harm’s way. If you want to avoid these serious house damages, you need to get rid of rats fast.
Serious Health Threats
Rats can not only bring serious property damage. They also pose serious health threats. You need to get rid of rats to protect your family from harm. Rats are carriers of various diseases. According to the CDC, these pests spread over 35 diseases. The diseases they spread include the following:
- Hantavirus – Hantavirus pulmonary syndrome is a viral disease. It causes blood, kidney, and/or respiratory ailments to humans. In worse cases, even death.
- HFRS – HFRS or hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome is a rare viral disease. It is caused by airborne contact from the secretions of infected rats. It causes intense headaches, pain, fever, chills, nausea, low blood pressure, kidney failure just to name a few.
- Lassa Fever – Lassa fever is an acute and fatal viral disease that causes bleeding. It targets organs, particularly, the liver, kidney, and spleen.
- Leptospirosis – It is a bacterial disease contracted through contact with contaminated water. This causes a blood infection with a wide range of symptoms. Symptoms include chills, cough, fever, diarrhea, headache, muscle pain, rashes, jaundice, and vomiting.
- Lymphocytic Choriomeningitis – Lymphocytic choriomeningitis is another viral infection you can get from rats. It targets the membranes of the brain and spinal cord. This disease leads to encephalitis, meningitis, or meningoencephalitis.
- Salmonellosis – Salmonella infection or Salmonellosis is a common bacterial infection we get from most pests. It targets the human intestinal tract. People can contract this disease through ingesting contaminated food and water. It causes severe diarrhea, fever, abdominal cramps, and dehydration.
- Plague – The plague or bubonic plague is a fatal bacterial disease. It is considered one of the deadliest diseases in human history. It is a notoriously deadly disease that is treated only by antibiotics.
Aside from carriers of various diseases, rats are also carriers of fleas, ticks, and other parasites. This will also bring problems to you and your family. Hence, to ensure your family’s health, you need to get rid of rats in house fast!
A Danger to Your Pets
Catching a rodent or two is natural to most of our pets. However, it can also bring undesirable consequences to them. Toxoplasmosis is one of those consequences. It is an infection that can affect cats and dogs. Your pets can contract this when they ingest or eat infected rodents. Toxoplasmosis is a disease caused by a protozoon. This leads to diarrhea, liver problems, nervous problems, and pneumonia.
Another reason why you should get rid of rats is that these pests are carriers of roundworms. Rats can transmit this small intestinal parasite to our pets. The roundworms will compete for nutrients. This will affect your pets’ overall health. With rats at home, there’s also the risk of secondary poisoning. This can happen when your pets consumed poisoned rats. Therefore, if you don’t want rats, it’s best to get rid of rats naturally.
If you want to protect your home from rats, you can always contact us!